by Annabelle Williams - £9.99 Penguin Books Ltd (2022)
paperback ISBN 13: 9780241433171 | ISBN 10: 0241433177
Discover why as a woman the world is financially rigged against you and exactly what you can do to overcome it.
FINANCE IS A FEMINIST ISSUE.
It's 2021. The modern world is still rigged unfairly in men's favour.
Exploring injustices from pensions to boardroom bullying, Annabelle Williams, former financial journalist for The Times, shows how society conspires to limit women's wealth.
Awareness is the first step to making change, which is why we all need to understand why women are poorer than men and what exactly we can do about it.
The time to act is now.
Discover exactly what you need to know about financial inequality in this essential, eye-opening and game-changing exposé of the gender wealth gap.
Did you know...
* The NHS spends more on Viagra than helping single mother families eat healthily
* Female entrepreneurs only receive 1p in every £1 of funding given to start-up businesses
* Women are the majority of the elderly poor
* There are more men called Dave running the UK's top 100 companies than there are women altogether
* Women do 60% more unpaid work than men
Economies thrive when women do well, and only by understanding why women are poorer than men can we finally end this unfair disparity between the sexes.
Why Women Are Poorer Than Men reveals how we got here and what all of us can do to fix it.
(Price & availability last checked: February 2022)
In booklists: Economics and Economic Alternatives, Feminism, Poverty & Inequality Worldwide, In categories: Changing the World, Anti-Capitalism & Global Inequality, Feminism & Women, Politics & Philosophy,