This book appears in the following booklists
in categories:Environment & Animal Rights, Humour, Gifts & Seasonal, Media & Culture, Music & Performing Arts,
What's Science Ever Done for Us? What the Simpsons Can Teach Us About Physics, Robots, Life...
£9.99 paperback John Wiley and Sons (2007)
Is the universe shaped like a donut?
Homer propsed such a theory.
Do three-eyed fish swim near nuclear power plants?
Bart managed to catch one.
Are perpetual-motion machines suitable for school projects?
Lisa constructed a working model.
The Simpsons, the world's most popular and longest-running animation series, is now a treasure-trove of scientific ideas and a clever mixture of fact and fancy. Now there's a guide to the science behind the show. In What's Science Ever Done for Us? you'll find answers to an amzing array of scientific questions raised in 26 classic episodes, including:
* Can genetics explain Homer's dimwittedness and Lisa's brains?
* Are shrink-rays and teleportation devices possible along the lines of Professor Frink's inventions?
* Could androids, like the one that replaced Bart in one episode, ever have consciousness?
* Do toilets in North America and Australia flush in opposite directions?
* If Earth were in peril, should we try to escape on a rocket, like Marge, Lisa and Maggie did, and attempt to colonize Mars?
* Could we travel back in time, like Homer did, change the past, and find ourselves in a parallel reality?
Whether you're a Simpsons fan, a science buff, or both, get ready to laugh and learn as Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa, and the entire town of Springfield prove that science isn't just fun - it's hilarious!
(This book has not been approved, licensed, or sponsored by any entity or person involved in creating or producing The Simpsons, the film, or the TV series.)
ISBN 13: 9780470114605 | ISBN 10: 0470114606
For mail-order we charge postage at actual cost, at current Royal Mail rates by parcel weight and size
Please note: Neither this website nor our order website can tell you if a book is actually in the shop right now - please contact us to find out.
Prices - we do our best to keep price information up to date, but publishers very occasionally change book prices, so we cannot completely guarantee the prices shown here.
We're always happy to check price & availability for you before you place your order, just ask!