This book appears in the following booklists
in categories:Environment & Animal Rights,
Sharing for Survival: Restoring the Climate, the Commons and Society
Brian Davey (Editor)
£14.95 paperback FEASTA (2012)
Sharing for Survival:
* Describes a workable strategy for stabilising the climate in a way that ensures social justice
* Includes the developing country perspective on climate policy
* Will be of interest to climate activists, campaigners, academics, and all who are concerned about climate change
Sharing for Survival recognises that official climate policy is dominated by states in thrall to fossil fuel and financial lobbies. It offers a realistic radical way to rapidly reduce emissions through stabilising the economy and ensuring social justice. Its authors explore climate policy in a way that ensures social justice and equity matter, recognising that the UNFCCC process is going nowhere. They explore the impact of fossil fuel depletion on the climate crisis, and challenge the idea that the climate crisis can be resolved in a growth economy. They also:
* propose no-nonsense approaches to controlling upstream fossil fuel emissions
* explain how climate governance would be best developed through civil society organisations working together globally
* explore different ideas as to where the carbon revenue should go – to the people or communities – and explain why supporting indigenous people, rather than trading in carbon, is the best strategy for reducing deforestation emissions
* look at climate policy from the point of view of the countries of the south.
This book offers a historically rich and nuanced introduction to a concept that could not be of more pressing importance for the twenty-first century.
ISBN 13: 9780954051020 | ISBN 10: 0954051025
For mail-order we charge postage at actual cost, at current Royal Mail rates by parcel weight and size
Please note: Neither this website nor our order website can tell you if a book is actually in the shop right now - please contact us to find out.
Prices - we do our best to keep price information up to date, but publishers very occasionally change book prices, so we cannot completely guarantee the prices shown here.
We're always happy to check price & availability for you before you place your order, just ask!