featured book: New Books - Mind, Body & Spirit, New Books - Environment / Ethical Living / Animals,
This book appears in the following booklists
in categories:Health & Wellbeing,
Wild Running: Britain's 200 Greatest Trail Runs
Jen and Sim Benson
£16.99 paperback Wild Things Publishing Ltd (2019)
This brand new edition of Wild Running selects Britain’s top 200 trail runs (including 150 brand new routes). Chosen for their incredible terrain, sensational beauty and ease of navigation, this is the perfect running guide for beginners and experts alike.
From gentle runs to hard-as-nails ascents, discover epic trails through spectacular mountain, forest and coastal trails. Stunning photography and engaging writing chart the history of each run, route and landscape, making this a must-have guide for runners and explorers.
Completely rewritten and expanded since the 2014 edition, adding 150 brand new sensational runs, including directions, terrain data and safety advice, with Ordnance Survey 1:250,000 route maps and links to 1:25,000 maps and GPX downloads.
Wild Running is your ultimate guide to running the hills, dales and vales of Britain. Discover 200 amazing routes, with selections for:
* Beginners Shorter, gentler runs – perfect for beginners or those returning to running
* Fastpacking & Ultradistance Explore the country, enjoying multi-day adventures
* Urban Escapes Hidden and wild trails within easy reach of the city
* Summits & Views Tough climbs, glorious views with fun, fast descents
* Coast & Beach The finest coastal running
* Woods & Forests Winding trails through sylvan wonderlands
* Wild Swimming Post-run dips and adventurous swimruns
* History & Culture From ancient monuments to places of literary inspiration
* Rocks & Scrambling Add some climbing and scrambles to your run
* Wildlife Seasonal highlights, nature reserves and amazing wildlife
* Wheels Accessible for running buggies, wheelchairs and bikes
* Weekends Perfect pairings for weekends
Also includes sections on building fitness and technique and staying safe.
ISBN 13: 9781910636152 | ISBN 10: 1910636150
For mail-order we charge postage at actual cost, at current Royal Mail rates by parcel weight and size
Please note: Neither this website nor our order website can tell you if a book is actually in the shop right now - please contact us to find out.
Prices - we do our best to keep price information up to date, but publishers very occasionally change book prices, so we cannot completely guarantee the prices shown here.
We're always happy to check price & availability for you before you place your order, just ask!