by Storm Dunlop, Wil Tirion and the Royal Observatory Greenwich - £6.99 HarperCollins Publishers (2018)
paperback ISBN 13: 9780008257705 | ISBN 10: 0008257701
A comprehensive handbook to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the northern hemisphere. 6 pages for each month covering January–December 2019.
This practical guide is both an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers. Now includes a section on comets and a map of the moon.
Designed for Britain and Ireland but usable anywhere in the world between 40N and 60N, covering most of Europe, southern Canada and the northern United States.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion, and approved by the astronomers of the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
• Advice on where to start looking.
• Easy-to-use star maps for each month with descriptions of what to see.
• Positions of the moon and visible planets.
• Details of objects and events you might see in 2019.
• Diagrams of notable events visible from Britain.
(Price & availability last checked: November 2018)