by Nicholas Shaxson - £10.99 Vintage (2012)
paperback ISBN 13: 9780099541721 | ISBN 10: 0099541726
* Dirty money, tax havens and the offshore system describe the ugliest and most secretive chapter in the history of global economic affairs.
* Tax havens have declared war on honest, law-abiding people around the world.
* Wealthy individuals hold over ten trillion dollars offshore.
* Tax havens are the most important single reason why poor people and poor countries stay poor.
* Britain and the United States are the world’s two most important tax havens.
* Tax havens now lie at the very heart of the global economy. Over half of world trade, and most international lending, is processed through them.
* Tax havens have been instrumental in nearly every major economic event, in every big financial scandal, and in every financial crisis since the 1970s, including the latest global economic crisis. Treasure Islands will show how this happens and reveal what the economics text books will not tell you.
(Price & availability last checked: February 2019)