by Dave Sherratt - £11.99 LDA (2005)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781855033900 | ISBN 10: 1855033909
Teaching children on the autism spectrum presents a very particular challenge that requires special understanding from everyone involved. This book offers valuable insight into the nature of autism, Asperger syndrome and other associated conditions.
This book includes:
• clear principles for appropriate teaching
• a positive approach to developing relationships with socially and emotionally detached children
• a wealth of strategies and activities for developing skills in the key areas of engagement with others, communication and creativity
• practical advice on supporting children on the autism spectrum in a school and classroom environment
• ideas for training and supporting those who work with children with autism.
Contains photocopiable resources and ideas and materials for in-service training.
(Price & availability last checked: October 2018)