by Daniel Start and Tania Pascoe - £16.99 Wild Things Publishing Ltd (2018)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781910636145 | ISBN 10: 1910636142
A new compendium of adventures, from the best-selling and award-winning Wild Guide series, now released for Wales and the Marches (Herefordshire and Shropshire).
Guiding you to over 1000 secret places and wild adventures, including slow food treats and quirky places to stay, this book is perfect for the discerning explorer seeking unusual things to do off the beaten track.
Discover secret sandy beaches lapped by turquoise seas, and dramatic limestone cliffs honeycombed with sea caves; watch the sunrise from inside an ancient cromlech, and conquer ruined castles and snow-covered peaks; wander through enchanted woods and dive into crystal-clear waterfalls; descend into tunnels and caverns, or swim in a pure mountain tarn overflowing with legend. Then feast by the fire of a cosy inn and stargaze from your tent or sheepskin-strewn hideaway.
This inspiring travel compendium reveals the most exciting hidden places in Wales, and the Herefordshire and Shropshire Marches. Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect guide for a wild adventure or the ultimate weekend escape.
• Secret beaches, sea caves and coasteering
• Wild swimming and waterfalls
• Easy scrambles and gorge walks
• Sunset hill forts and unknown peaks
• Sacred sites, holy wells and standing stones
• Ruined castles, abandoned quarries and hidden caverns
• Ancient woods, magical meadows and wildlife spectacles
• Local food and drink, from the best seafood to micro-distilleries
• Secluded luxury hideaways, cottages and quirky campsites
• Wild camping and bothies
(Price & availability last checked: June 2018)
In booklists: Travel Writing & Guides - Ireland, Wales, Scotland & England, Wales, In categories: Ireland, Scotland & Wales,