by Jen and Sim Benson - £16.99 Wild Things Publishing Ltd (2019)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781910636152 | ISBN 10: 1910636150
This brand new edition of Wild Running selects Britain’s top 200 trail runs (including 150 brand new routes). Chosen for their incredible terrain, sensational beauty and ease of navigation, this is the perfect running guide for beginners and experts alike.
From gentle runs to hard-as-nails ascents, discover epic trails through spectacular mountain, forest and coastal trails. Stunning photography and engaging writing chart the history of each run, route and landscape, making this a must-have guide for runners and explorers.
Completely rewritten and expanded since the 2014 edition, adding 150 brand new sensational runs, including directions, terrain data and safety advice, with Ordnance Survey 1:250,000 route maps and links to 1:25,000 maps and GPX downloads.
Wild Running is your ultimate guide to running the hills, dales and vales of Britain. Discover 200 amazing routes, with selections for:
* Beginners Shorter, gentler runs – perfect for beginners or those returning to running
* Fastpacking & Ultradistance Explore the country, enjoying multi-day adventures
* Urban Escapes Hidden and wild trails within easy reach of the city
* Summits & Views Tough climbs, glorious views with fun, fast descents
* Coast & Beach The finest coastal running
* Woods & Forests Winding trails through sylvan wonderlands
* Wild Swimming Post-run dips and adventurous swimruns
* History & Culture From ancient monuments to places of literary inspiration
* Rocks & Scrambling Add some climbing and scrambles to your run
* Wildlife Seasonal highlights, nature reserves and amazing wildlife
* Wheels Accessible for running buggies, wheelchairs and bikes
* Weekends Perfect pairings for weekends
Also includes sections on building fitness and technique and staying safe.
(Price & availability last checked: January 2019)