by Paul Peacock - £9.99 How To Books Ltd (2009)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781905862276 | ISBN 10: 190586227x
Thousands of backyard poultry keepers are signing up all over the country, experiencing afresh the joys of their first hen, their first egg, their happy chuckle in the morning garden. Keeping poultry in the city brings with it not only joys but responsibilities. The Urban Hen
is the perfect companion for the city poultry keeper and shows you how to maintain a happy, healthy garden or backyard flock in towns and cities everywhere.
In this book you'll discover how to:
* find the best poultry for the small garden - and how to house them properly
* feed your birds, tune in to their daily needs and enjoy your own eggs
* avoid annoying the neighbours by showing that it is possible to keep poultry without attracting unwelcome pests
* recognise healthy happy birds and learn their daily routine
* recognise poorly hens
* treat them or get help
* and incubate and care for fertilised eggs and raise chicks.
(Price & availability last checked: October 2018)